We are almost halfway through July and if you are alive and kicking in Nebraska you have been experiencing one of the hottest summers in a very long time. Let’s face it, when the weather gets this hot we all want to lay on the couch with the A/C blowing full blast and take afternoon naps. Unfortunately, this is not possible if you have a weight loss goal you are trying to accomplish. I am the first to admit on my days off I indulge in some laying around but the rest of the days within the week I hit the weights heavy at Endless Possibilities Training Systems (Omaha Fitness Center).
Below, I have provided a few exercises you can do within the A/C environment if it is too hot outside, and as a bonus, these exercises can also be performed while your on vacation. Yep, you read that right! Vacation does not give you the right to take off from your fitness routine. Those who have changed their lifestyle to live healthier and become more active will workout on vacations and still watch what they eat. Perform each of these exercises for up to a minute three times each. Be sure to keep track of how many reps you perform and make a goal to improve that number during each workout session. Enjoy!
- Start on all fours with hands a bit wider than the shoulders.
- Walk the knees back a bit in order to lean your weight on the hands and flatten the back from the head down to the back of the knees.
- Pull the abs in and, keeping back straight, bend the elbows and lower body toward the floor until elbows are at 90-degree angles.
- Push back up and repeat. Do as many push ups as you can within a minute.
- Stand with feet wider than shoulders, toes turned out.
- Lower into a sitting position, keeping knees and behind in line with abs flexed the whole time.
- Push into the heels to stand up. Do as many squats as you can within a minute.
- Sit on a sturdy bench or chair.
- Begin with the hands next to or slightly under the hips (position will depend on the style of bench or chair you use).
- Lift up onto the hands and bring the hips forward.
- Bend the elbows to 90 degrees and lower the hips down, stay close to the bench/chair as you dip down this will help focus on the triceps not the shoulders. Keep the shoulders down.
- Push back up without locking the elbows. Do as many dips as you can within a minute.
- Lie down on a exercise mat face down. Rest on your forearms with your palms flat on the floor.
- Push your body off the floor while rising up on your toes. Rest on your elbows.
- Keep your back flat, and your body in a straight line head to toe.
- Tilt your pelvis and contract your abs during this exercise. This will prevent your body from sagging in the middle and keep your bottom in a straight line.
- Hold for up to a minute. For beginners feel free to try 30 seconds, rest a minute and perform another 30 seconds.
- Remember hot weather and vacation does not exclude you from performing exercise. Be sure to drink lots of water and take a break in between exercises as needed. If you want to learn more exercises call one of our Certified Personal Trainers and schedule a weight training session!
Conclusion: Call EPTS Team Today!
Endless Possibilities Training Systems Team has been offering intermediate and advanced weight training programs for all ages, genders, skill levels and fitness levels. For over five years Endless Possibilities Training Systems’ Omaha Certified Trainers have surrounded themselves with MMA fighters, aspiring athletes, soldiers, corporate executives, gym warriors, housewives, students, and many more. Call Our Omaha Fitness Center Today (402) 290-3915.